Join Community Charity Champions, HBC Group – KW, and all of the CCC Sponsors at Pulcinella, March 8th, from 5 to 8 pm, to support Safe Community Coalition.
Bring this flyer to dinner with you (dine-in or carry-out), to ensure that 70% of the proceeds from your meal go back to SCC!
The SCC is an all-volunteer organization dedicated to creating a safe and healthy environment for our youth. Their activities are supported by hundreds of volunteer hours and other in-kind donations, corporate and private donations, and various fund-raising activities. The SCC invites everyone in the community to participate in building a better environment for our young people.
The SCC brings together members of the community who have a stake in keeping youth safe and to give them opportunities to connect, interact, and learn. They offer programs and resources that help parents and youth in making positive choices. Their events and programs:
- Build resiliency in our youth and foster community involvement
- Increase communication and collaboration among all entities involved with youth and families
- Help young people develop the skills and knowledge to resist dangerous activities
- Support parents in raising healthy and responsible children
- Promote prevention efforts and increase community awareness regarding alcohol and substance use and abuse, mental wellness and healthy relationships
- The SCC is bringing Julie Lythcott-Haims, author of “How to Raise an Adult: Break Free of the Overparenting Trap and Prepare Your Kid for Success” to our community to offer practical alternative strategies that underline the importance of allowing children to make their own mistakes and develop the resilience, resourcefulness, and inner determination necessary for success. This SCC presentation will be held on May 2ndfrom 7-9pm at McLean High School. Tickets are $20 and will go on sale in March and will be available on safecommunitycoalition.net.
“We are grateful to Karen Briscoe, Lizzy Conroy, and HBC Realty Group’s Community Charity Champions for their tireless efforts to support not only the Safe Community Coalition but many non-profits in our community,” says SCC President Melissa Sporn. “They consistently model corporate social responsibility and are dedicated to being actively involved.”
Sponsors of the event are: Karen Briscoe and Lizzy Conroy with the HBC Group of Keller Williams Realty, Marcus Simon with EKKO Title, Kevin Dougherty of Pillar to Post, Kathy and Justin Neal of The Neal Team/SunTrust Mortgage, BOWA, The McLean Chamber of Commerce, and Moe Jebali with
About HBC Community Charity Champions
The HBC Group of Keller Williams Realty launched Community Charity Champions in 2012 as a venue to fundraise for local nonprofits. As good corporate citizens, Karen Briscoe and Lizzy Conroy were searching for a means to support charities in the community. The event is held on Tuesday evenings at Pulcinella Italian Host in McLean where a portion of the diner(s) is contributed to the charity of the month. Karen Briscoe and Lizzy Conroy were honored with the Corporate Social Responsibility award in 2012 by the Greater McLean Chamber of Commerce for the work HBC’s Community Charity Champions has done and continues to do for nonprofits in the area.