Sell Your Home
List your home with the HBC Group, a proven leader in the market with smart real estate expertise.
Buy Your Home
- Tell us why you want to move and we will make it happen! The HBC Group believes that what motivates you to buy the right home drives the entire home buying process.
- We want to know and understand why you want to make a move.
- We want to know what aspects of a home are most important to you.
- We actively listen to your needs and wants.
- We assist you in understanding the factors that bring value to each property you view.
- We help you to find the home you want in the neighborhood you desire.
- We will simplify and streamline the home buying process, managing the myriad of details.
Invest in Real Estate
The HBC Group works with individuals and investment entities looking to diversify their investment portfolios. Whether you are considering a new investment avenue, adding to your existing real estate portfolio, or divesting your real estate assets, HBC Group helps you to achieve your investment goals. We have proven strategies and models that deliver profit or cash flow in a variety of real estate investment vehicles.
Contact our Director of Real Estate Investing, Steve Conroy, to learn more about how real estate builds wealth and to discuss the following:
- Why invest in real estate?
- How do I get started?
- How do I acquire the best properties?
- Advantages of asset diversification and passive income
- Owning property while your tenant pays the mortgage
- Identifying properties with good value and appreciation potential
- Flipping vs. buy and hold
We can also connect you with tax advisors and lenders to consult on the tax implications of investing and the various financing options.
Led by a team of principals with proven local expertise, backed by superior market intelligence, research and experience HBC Commercial provides wisdom and experience. Each of the principals has achieved prominence over a thirty-year career and in multiple economic cycles. They are acknowledged experts in managing real estate transactions in all climates, and they enjoy trusted relationships with decision-makers throughout the Metro Washington DC commercial real estate market and financial communities. As a result, their counsel, based on both historical perspective and objective analysis, provides strong steady leadership in the metro Washington DC Commercial Real Estate Market.
We utilize all of our in-house expertise and, when necessary, welcome outside technical resources to achieve our objectives. Local market knowledge, teamed with high-value infrastructure with high-powered vertical service integration, creates the best combination of resources and service available in the Metro Washington DC market. Our principals team with investment analysts, Architects, asset managers, engineers and legal firms to ensure we provide our partners with the best and most thorough transactions.
Due Diligence – Our due diligence experience spans the spectrum of commercial real estate. We work to tailor Due Diligence reports to meet our partner’s needs and requirements.
Specialized Services – If there are questions and answers regarding a commercial real estate projects or portfolio, HBC Commercial can find the answers with our alliances through inspections, market studies, interviews and analyses. Simply put, our services are tailored the needs of our partners.
Highest and Best Use Studies – HBC Commercial can analyze a property’s Highest and Best Use under current, forecasted and imputed market and legal conditions scenarios to provide the highest and best use modeling to fit specific parameters.
Meet the Commercial Team:
The Huckaby Briscoe Conroy Group offers access to 8 full-time Associate Agents with specialties in new builds, land sales, renovations, luxury homes, investment properties and every type of property in between to help you find the right home.
- Each member of the HBC Group consistently previews houses to know the inventory available. This makes showing you properties more efficient and effective.
- Our agents consistently network with other agents to learn about what properties will be coming on the market for sale.
- Many of the best homes never make it to the active market. We know the “cloud” inventory of what may be coming on the market and what has gone off the market but still might be available for purchase, which gives our buyers an edge when looking for a house to buy.
- As one of the area’s top listing agents, The HBC Group itself has an exclusive inventory of homes that may be available to you.
- Your HBC Group agent can show you any number of homes, even those on appointment only basis and during public open houses.
- Your agent has access to every property on the market via the Metropolitan Regional Information System (MRIS), the online proprietary real estate data base only accessible by member agents.
- Your agent also has excellent relationships with other top listing agents in the area, which gives you priority showing.
- Your agent works hand-in-hand with you to find the right home, negotiate the offer and get the home to settlement.
- We utilize the latest in online eSign and transaction management tools, allowing our clients to be on the go while your agent is preparing and negotiating your offer
- Your agent has expert negotiation and transactional experience to ensure the best outcome of offer acceptance.
Welcome to Northern Virginia, the area where we sell real estate. Fairfax County is one of the wealthier counties in America and it’s home to McLean and Great Falls.
McLean is only a fifteen minute commute to Washington, D.C. on the scenic George Washington Parkway, which is adjacent to the Potomac River. Offering sophisticated living at its best, McLean has gourmet restaurants and grocery stores, and super bookstores. McLean is adjacent to Tysons and Tysons Galleria, the area’s premier shopping centers. Here you will find Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s, Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and many more stores to fill every need. We also have a Ritz Carlton, Hilton and Sheraton at Tyson’s Corner. The schools are superb, the community is thriving and the culture is diverse. That’s McLean!
Just north of McLean is Great Falls, close-in horse country. Many of the homes are on two to five acres, horse trails are abundant and the living is easy. The Great Falls Village, “the shopping area” offers a glimpse of a bygone era. You’ll soon recognize a lot of the neighbors in the grocery store. Great Falls is also home of River Bend Golf and Country Club, one of the area’s premier golf courses. It’s also the location of Great Falls National Park, one of the crown jewels in our National Park System.
- The HBC Group uses real-time sales data from one of the nation’s most advanced industry databases: Metropolitan Regional Information System (MRIS).
- We interpret the data based our extensive experience and knowledge of properties in the market.
- All HBC Group agents are active in the market place, previewing and showing properties on a daily basis. This hands-on knowledge is critical to understanding the data that is available in MRIS.
- Schedule an appointment today for us to present the sales and pricing results from a Comparative Market Analysis of your property.
- The CMA, along with our market knowledge gained from previewing and showing properties in your area is the primary tool for determining the list price of your home.
- An easy-to-read report using data from MRIS that shows how your property fits into the local market based on current and recent real estate activity.
- In preparing the CMA, we can control the data based on multiple variables, including: zip code, school district, neighborhood, type of dwelling, type of ownership, year built, lot size, number of bedrooms and bathroom, days on market etc.
- When we meet at your home to discuss listing it for sale, we review the CMA with you in detail.
- By collaborative effort, we determine with you how aggressive or conservative the list price should be for your property.
Request a Free Comparative Market Analysis
- Accredited Staging Professional to assist you in preparing your home for photographs and going live on the market.
- Professional Digital Photographs with fusion photography by HomeVisit, the industry’s leading real estate digital media and print company.
- Full Listing in the Metropolitan Regional Listing Service (MRIS)
- Listing syndicated to over 100 public real estate web sites
- Exposure in social media, including Facebook and Twitter
- Listing on Realtor.com
- Professional Online Virtual Tour of your home by HomeVisit
- Professionally designed and printed full-color glossy brochures (for homes priced over $500k)
- Professionally designed and printed Just Listed postcards mailed to the neighborhoods (in our primary market areas)
- Advertisement in local Sun Gazette quarterly real estate guide and other months the McLean Connection Newspapers
- Broker Open House exclusively for area agents
- Public Open House if desired
- Visible Yard Signage if desired
- Follow up calls to all agents who preview or show the house for feedback
- Extensive networking among the area’s active real estate agents as well as nationwide and abroad as appropriate
We are members of Keller Williams Luxury Homes and the Institute of Luxury Homes Marketing, affording our luxury home clients with:
- Exclusive listings in ProxioPro, an international real estate database
- Expertise: Karen Briscoe has been awarded the prestigious Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist (CLHMS) designation by the Institute for Luxury Home Marketing.
- The Institute of Luxury Home Marketing is the source of training, certification, and networking opportunities for real estate agents working exclusively in the luxury residential marketplace.
- An International network of top luxury home agents.
Broker’s Opens and Open Houses
HBC Group hosts Broker’s Opens and Open Houses as desired by the Seller and in response to the Market
Broker’s Open House
- Agents and other Real Estate industry professionals view the home on a Tuesday around lunchtime.
- Occurs shortly after, or occasionally before, the home is placed on the open market.
- Valuable marketing tool if the home will be Appointment Only; allows agents ease of access.
- As the listing agent, we network in person with other agents to:
- Discuss key features and improvements as well as other significant market factors about the home and property
- Answer questions and handle objections
- Obtain feedback that can be helpful in making pricing decisions.
- Gauge whether previewing agents have a buyer for your house
Public Open House
- Hosted to increase the number of visitors to a home and to gauge interest by the general public.
- Allows ease of access to buyers with busy schedules and unrepresented buyers to see the home on their own time
- For Appointment Only listings, allows ease of access to buyers who need more showing flexibility
- Neighbors who attend can be a good source of friends, relatives, associates and others whom they know are looking to move into their community
- Written Open House Feedback presented to you promptly
- Listing Agent discusses details of open house activity as well as buyer comments and questions with Host Agent
- Further follow-up occurs with open house guests when additional information requested.
- If buyers are working with a real estate agent, the Listing Agent follows up with their agent for feedback
Oftentimes Sellers do not want their home held open to the Public, and we respect those wishes. The Public Open is one tool in the chest of marketing activities, and because it is the most visible, know that HBC Group provides this service and opportunity upon request.
- The Huckaby Briscoe Conroy Group offers a combination of over 100 years of experience in real estate related fields and contract negotiations.
- Recognized in the industry for our expert negotiating on behalf of Sellers, Buyers and Investors.
- Expertise in understanding the nuances of the sales contract and how to produce win-win results.
- Provide Sellers with the most recent and relevant real estate data and agent experience to gain agreement on all terms.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of the home inspection, financing and appraisal processes.
- Aligned with the best home inspectors, contractors, well and septic inspectors and other specialists.
The HBC Group manages the entire real estate transaction from contract to settlement.
- Full-time staff available to assist principals and associate agents with transaction details.
- Closely work with the Selling Agent to ensure all parties meet their obligations.
- Manage all inspections as applicable, such as: home, radon, termite, well and septic.
- Coordination of repairs and replacements per home inspection requirements.
- Tracking all contingency deadlines, such as inspection, appraisal and financing.
- Pro-active management of the appraisal process by meeting appraiser with comparable documentation and affirming value data for the property.
- Coordinate with the Settlement Company all details necessary for smooth closing process.
- Ensure the closing statement correctly reflects all charges to both Seller and Buyer.
The Huckaby Briscoe Conroy Group is open business days from 9:00am – 5:30pm and weekends and evenings on call to ensure that clients have access to the information and resources you need when you need them. Further there is an agent on call and available at all other times for offering assistance to clients, customers and agent inquiries on properties.
- Our group has 2 principals, 3 full time associate agents, and a full time office staff to support our clients in all aspects of their real estate transaction.
- We manage all of the details with putting your home on the market.
- We consistently and effectively communicate with clients regarding market feedback and other information as applicable.
- The HBC Group has access to a breadth of marketing resources for your property.
- The HBC Group has a long-standing and principled reputation in the real estate community.
- Clients benefit from our extensive network among area agents as well as across the United States and Canada.
What sets the Huckaby Briscoe Conroy Group apart from the competition?
People Love Us on Zillow. Check out our Reviews!
HBC Group, Principal - Karen Briscoe and VP - Lizzy Conroy,named to Northern Virginia Magazine's 2017 Top Real Estate Agents (previously named in 2016 and 2015)
Named to Washingtonian's Best of Washington - Real Estate Agents/Teams 2017, 2016+
- Top 10% of American's Most Honored Professionals by The American Registry
- Ranked in Top 100 teams in Keller Williams – International, annually since 2009
Named to REAL Trends America’s Best Real Estate Agents/Teams - 2017, 2016, 2015+
- Extensive knowledge of the local market.
- 100+ years of combined transactional experience.
- Exceptional customer service.
- A team of agents with specialties in luxury homes sales, land sales, complex short sales, military relocations, and corporate relocations.
- As a member of the Keller Williams Luxury Homes and KW Commercial divisions, we can meet all of our client’s personal and business real estate needs